Named for Leon M. Abbott, Sovereign Grand Commander from 1921 to 1932, the Scholarship Program provides financial support for the continuing education of young men and women from Scottish Rite families and Masonic-related youth groups. Since 1951, more than $3 million has been awarded to students from each state of the Northern Jurisdiction.
Eligibility: The following criteria are used to determine the eligibility of applicants for the program:
- A currently enrolled freshman, sophomore, junior or senior at an accredited college or university.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (Freshman scholarships will be distributed after an acceptable GPA is submitted, following the first semester).
- A child of a Scottish Rite Mason in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
- A member of a youth organization sponsored by the Masonic fraternity in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
- A graduate of one of the 32nd degree Masonic Learning Centers for Children in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
Applicants should print the form, complete it, and mail it to the appropriate Valley secretary. Applicants should submit their application to the Valley providing fortheir eligibility. For instance, if your father is providing eligibility, then you wouldsubmit the application to his Valley.
Check with the Valley for submission dates.